iWave Software enables enterprise IT organizations to leverage their existing infrastructure to build private cloud offerings including Software-as-a-Service (SaaS), Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS), Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS), etc.
There’s a growing chorus of vendors offering “cloud-in-a-box” solutions. These vendors argue that if you standardize on their platforms and limit your technology choices to their solutions, they can deliver a simple, easy-to-manage private cloud solution.
It’s a great story… but it doesn’t hold true for enterprise private cloud deployments.
For the past half decade, iWave has partnered with some of the world’s largest enterprise IT organizations to deliver private cloud solutions that are used in production today. We understand that for an enterprise to get the true value from private clouds, its cloud automation software must be flexible and powerful enough to meet enterprise-class technical and business challenges.
iWave IT Automator meets these challenges by providing:
- Physical & Virtual Provisioning: Automating enterprise private clouds goes beyond just provisioning VMs on ESX Clusters. Enterprise cloud automation must also provision the physical servers upon which the hypervisors reside, the hypervisor software itself, associated network and storage resources, resources, security software, data protection software, etc.
- Leverage Existing Hardware: While cloud-in-a-box solutions are great, most IT organizations must leverage their existing investments in server, storage and network hardware resources when building out private cloud offerings, which requires “outside-of-the-box” orchestration.
- Multi-Hypervisor Support: iWave supports multiple hypervisors, providing enterprise IT users with the flexibility to choose the best hypervisor for the business challenge being addressed.
- Integration into existing ITIL Processes: Enterprise IT organizations have long-established processes for change, problem and incident management. While most organizations do not have a fully realized CMDB, most have an IT asset inventory database. Private cloud automation software must be able to quickly and easily integrate into these existing ITIL processes and systems with pre-built adapters to be effective.
- Failure is Not an Option: For large banks, defense contractors, etc. to trust an automation solution to be the face of their private cloud service offerings, that platform must have a robust, scalable architecture that can withstand server, network and storage outages.
- Flexes to Fit Existing Operating Processes: Finally, an enterprise-ready cloud automation platform should be flexible and powerful enough to fit an enterprise’s existing operational and business processes.
iWave Software combines “out-of-the-box” private cloud orchestration with a powerful, object-oriented orchestration engine that is scalable and flexible enough to meet the needs of the most demanding enterprise IT environments.