Enterprise IT organizations and service providers use iWave IT Automator to automate the management of their virtualized software test and development environments.
As more organizations move their test and development environments to private clouds, they look to automation to meet the demands of their software developer and quality assurance analysts, including the ability for:
- VM Provisioning: Quickly provision VMs for test and development projects (must take minutes, not days)
- VM Reclamation: Automatically reclaim VMs (and storage used by the VMs) once a software development project concludes
- Software Provisioning: Provision software that is required by the software development team (DBMSs, middleware, 3rd party applications, etc.)
For the past six years, Unisys Corporation has used iWave IT Automator to automate the management of their virtualized test and development lab, enabling Unisys to realize:
- Reduced operating costs: Unisys estimates its five-year cost savings to be $6.1 million from test and develop lab automation and server re-purposing.
- Improved service: Unisys reduced test and development server provisioning times from 10 working days to 8 minutes.
- Efficiency: Unisys was able to provision more than 1,300 virtual machines in one year using only two full-time employees to manage the process.